Gathering Storm

The cold winter wind through the trees
Closing windows and slamming doors
Try to shut out the voices in my head
I just wish they weren't all yours

Flickering street lamps fight flashes of lighting
Though, on this they seem to agree
Raindrops roll like the pearls of my wits
That you'd strung up and now set free

Ripples spread like your smile used to be
Like the dark lanes holding onto their mystery
Staring at the opposing poles of time
Standing at the corner of Memory and Misery

Rocks glisten in the pale moonlight
Shards of broken dreams we once shared
Flowers and leaves float on the water
A story of forbidden love that endured

To the pulse of lightning, the beat of thunder
In the rain the trees dance and sway
My eyes were filled with water
How did your picture burn away?

----------------------------------
Furbundo, Sketcher, as you can see, it's done. So, whenever you boys are ready.

3 comments:

'Smee! said...

Really liked this one. the title is kinda slow to keep up init?

Anonymous said...

whenever i read this post of urs...i dunno y but i hv tears in my eyes...this ones like the best post i hv ever read...:)

Stargazer said...

@'Smee - I suppose it is, but I couldn't come up with a more fitting one on short notice. :-)

@Anonymous - Surprisingly, you're the second person to say that, the tears part, I mean. Thanks. :-)