Words - 55 of 'em

Inspired by chamique and a tag I once found on Profound Gibberish am trying my hand at fiction, in 55 words.

--
The train pulling away under his watchful gaze, the light from the match played across the hard planes of his face.
A wisp of white smoke, let out with a sigh, a stark contrast against the surrounding blackness.
As it slipped out of sight, he fell to his knees, the weight of the world.....
--

Ok, ok. So its 54 words. Am a terse man.
I want to see what the others will do with this.
'Smee!, thee shall I charge to pick up where this hath left off.

----------------

Edit: 'Smee! has continued the story here

5 comments:

'Smee! said...

Oh! Woe is me! The curse of the stargazer falleth... :(
You've put before me one of the toughest challenges ever: imposing a word limit on a rambler is sin!
:P
Will take it up nonetheless, though a long wait is in order. :)

'Smee! said...

You've done a great job, btw; though the theme of gloom continues :|

Rize said...

hey...'smee! ...how much more longer??? the Rize is waiting..rather patiently! :p

El Furibundo said...

Where's the story, you oafs!!? the train... ooooohhh... the night.... aaaahhh... but whither, O minions is the tale?

Stargazer said...

@Furibundo - The story, my loyal disciple, will reveal itself as we add to it. The story that I had in my head is not the one 'Smee! had and that is where the fun lies. :-)